Pages

Saturday, June 15, 2013

It rained today while I was on the bus, trying to chase any feelings you have left for me.

I had no destination in mind. I got a ticket, paid for it, picked a seat, put my earphones on, then tuned the rest of the world out. Today, there was no one on my mind but you.

You think I'm crazy for loving to do things like this. Maybe I am, but I regret nothing. I could breathe today. I could close my eyes and listen to Lana Del Rey sing my sadness away. I could stare out the window, watch the trees fade into a distant blur and sigh without anyone breathing down my neck for it. I was cleansed.

The best part wasn't watching the raindrops run after one another down the glass window. It wasn't feeling the warmth of the sun after shivering in the cold. It wasn't being able to just be alone when I needed it most.

The best part was arriving at my destination and finding you there, waiting for me like you knew I'd be there all along.

No comments:

Post a Comment