Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

It should be illegal to think afterhours.

I wonder why people hurt each other all the time.

There's been nothing on my mind all day but their voices - those people who once or twice or more, tried to bring me down. Like ringing bells, their words echo through my head. You've gained weight. Eat less. Someone must have left you in the kitchen. What did the fat girl say? She's not pretty at all.

These things were said about me back in sophomore high school. I can't believe how cruel everyone are willing to be just to elevate themselves higher than everyone else. Still, I'm feeling really down tonight.

What I want to do right now is to write a poem about coming home after a day like this. I want to be able to put in words how happy, and at the same time, sad, it made me when I picked my robe up and hung it up the back of my door. I want to tell someone how nothing makes me feel better than my warm blanket, a sure source of comfort when everything else fails. Why, in spite of the fact that nothing good comes off it, do we insist on pulling each other down, instead of helping one another up, until we're all leveled enough to look up and see the skies?

This real world, it makes me sad. At times like this, this is where I go: to a world of my creation where families are perfect and guys aren't jerks. Its walls are made up of road trips with friends, and I lie in a bed of laughter with my sister. My world is roofed by motherly hugs and fatherly advice. This world, unlike others, only crumbles when I strike over a phrase or give in to writer's block.

When I write, suddenly, I'm who everyone wants me to be, all at the same time. Praises are easier to give than judgment and criticism. Hugs are as natural as breathing. It's ironic how I write when I am feeling empty, when the truth is that I am filled with emotions my human body cannot translate into actions, just words. It's amazing how I pour everything out and feel fuller than I've been before I started.

It's my only escape from all of this. It's something I hold on to, something certain, when I don't know who or what my enemies are.

No comments:

Post a Comment