Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

It's hard to type with freshly applied nail polish on my fingers.

Blog post titles are awkward.

Hello! It's been a while. Two storms have passed my town and left my province under a state of calamity due to flooding, but thankfully my family and I are ok, except for that one time when flood water from our neighbor's yard actually got in our bathroom because of the sink hole (or whatever you call that hole where water is supposed to drain out).

So, apart from that and the numerous circumstances of power interruptions, things have been great around here. Can't believe the power of prayers. I used to think it was cheesy when people said that, but last Sunday, our Pastor told us a story of him asking God for even just a little radio so he could listen to music. This was way back when he was just starting to preach and they hardly had money. So he asked God for a little radio, and that very same day at dusk, his brother who worked for Coca Cola (don't know why it was mentioned that he worked for Coca Cola. Irrelevant.) came home with some friends carrying a box. So our Pastor asked what was inside the box, and his brother said it was a karaoke set. For those who just have no idea what a karaoke set is, Google it. Or better yet, let me tell you. It's a huge radio with a cassette player/recorder. In short, he was given more than he asked for.

I kinda thought that would be col if that would happen to me. So Sunday night, before I went to sleep, I said my usual prayer and then asked God to please, please, please help me be able to go watch Breaking Dawn with my friends on November 18th. I'm so petty, I know, but I didn't know where I'd get the money cause I'm jobless. Yesterday, my aunt came home and said that my mom sent us money. I thought it was Php 3,000 each, cause there was Php 6,000, so I was hysterical. I'd be able to go out for lunch with a friend this week and save the remaining for November. But my mom texted me in the evening and said I could only have Php 1,500 and Php 4,500 was for my sister t buy some new shoes. I was disappointed, but at least I could still go to lunch with my friend. After all, so much could happen in one month. So last night I prayed again to be ale to go to Breaking Dawn with my friends, and no one knew about this. This afternoon, my aunt told me that since my sister still has lots of money, she'd talk to her and ask her to give me Php 3,000! Yay! But my sister isn't home yet, so fingers crossed.

This morning, I was home alone and starving. i found some raw chicken in the pantry and started cutting it and frying it, then realized that I was so thirsty. I rummaged around my sister's room for some coins, like 3 pesos to buy ice, but I found none. then in my mind, I was like, God, please let there be stray money in my room. Then I went to my room, pulled out a Hello Kitty pouch, which, i expected to be empty, but to my surprise there was a 10 peso coin inside it. I was able tobuy myself a small bottle of 7Up.

Don't get me wrong. Jeez, I know I sound like such a Christian girl right now, but I make mistakes and stuff like that. everyone does. I'm just amazed, that's all. It's like magic. Maybe it was all just a coincidence, I don't know, but I do know that i prayed, accepted that the answer might be yes or no, and got yes, mostly. It's not like I'm saying everything I pray for will be given to me. Nope, I'm too human to think that way and I still have some wishes saved up inside me that haven't come true yet, and probably never will. I'm just saying  it feels so good to have something to believe in. To sleep in my own house while two nasty storms rattled our roof and the trees, without any power supply, and have that faith that in the morning, this house would still be intact, and bless us, it was. It feels so good to face the world and know that people may hurt you physically, emotionally, but not spiritually. I like the certainty that I might die any minute now, that it might be brutal, and my body might not even be suitable for identification, but my soul would remain unharmed. I'm fearless.

No comments:

Post a Comment