Pages

Saturday, December 18, 2010



I think we all have those days when all we want to do is curl up in a ball and cry.

Here I sit, on the floor, wondering what to do with my life. If anything, my mind races with the same thought over and over again. What have I done with my life?

Last night was fantastic. I spent it with my friends, on the grass, under the stars, all huddled up against the cold December breeze, talking about our dreams. When reality hits, it hits you hard.

2010 has passed by rather quickly. I don't even remember most of it, but the memories I have are wonderful. This year has been great to me, and I wish it would extend a little more. I'm dreading 2011, but at the same time,I can't wait to see how the rest of my life unfolds. Our dreams...they seemed so vivid last night, I could almost touch them. I could almost hear my shoes clacking on the streets of New York, Paris, London. None of us could see ourselves staying in the Philippines in the future,and in all honesty, you can't blame us. Once you've grown to a place where all you see is sadness,darkness...You'd automatically walk and follow where the light seeps in.Eventually, you'd bask in it.

How weird it is,how one little thing can change a lot of things indirectly. I went to my Aunt's for dinner tonight,and I had to go back inside my house to grab a jacket because it was cold. As soon as I stepped out, all I wanted was to cry. The moon is currently shining really bright tonight, and the wind is cold. The light illuminates a certain glow on the street, on the watered rice fields, that kind of glow you see in the movies. It depresses me.

I wish people don't change. How I wish things don't, either. Why do we find something valuable if we're only going to lose them again? It doesn't make sense,and I don't think that's fair at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment