Pages

Sunday, October 12, 2014

I will not speak about the way your close proximity lights up every nerve ending in me. There's no space for that in my mind, when loudly, I can feel you start to fade from my life, creating this distance made of white noise, silent, but deafening.

You used to hang the moon and hold the stars in my black velvet skies. You still do, and I fear that it will not change for as long as I can look at you and see none of my feelings reflected back to me. There's a storm brewing in you yet again, and I'm trying to have the heart to believe that I will weather it, that I can weather it, and that this, too, shall pass.

Because so far, it always has.

But if this time, it's different, then I'm not gonna anchor you to my shore. There's a world out there for you to see, I guess. I must let you keep sailing, even withoutme, if that's what you need. You might come back like you always do. Or you could get washed away to a different land, one that knows not to limit you to what your eyes could see.

As for me, I'll be here, watching you ride off into the sunset. Remembering how they say ships were not built for safe harbors. So go on, brave the waves. Go find what you're looking for. Come back when you can, if you want to. I'll be the girl with the telescope, waiting for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment