Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn (Part 1)

I saw Breaking Dawn with my friends last Friday. It was awesome, but I could really use some more Jasper/Alice action. Still, it was better than I expected.

Two scenes I can't forget are when the wolves chased Esme. She looked scared. And when they attacked the Cullens, when Alice looked fragile and helpless under one big angry wolf. I was shaking at the cinema, squealing "Don't hurt Alice, don't hurt Alice!" Haha.

Like I said, it was greater than I ever expected because really, I haven't watched any trailers. I wanted it to surprise me, and it did, except for when Bella was being changed and they showed the venom running through her veins. They could've found a better way of explaining that without having to be visual like that. I guess I'm just not used to seeing that in a Twilight movie, since up until Eclipse they kept the scenes as realistic (with people and vampires and werewolves) as possible. There were no anatomy shots and no talking werewolves. But I guess it was necessary for Breaking Dawn. I liked the wolves, though. They were angrier, wolfier. And Rosalie was so beautiful in this movie. I've been thinking that finally, for the first time, I was convinced that she was the movie version of Rosalie.

My favorite scene would be the Alice/Jasper dance of course. (Did you really expect me to choose a scene without Alice/Jasper in it? No? Thought so.) And although almost everyone says they disapprove of the Alice hair, I personally believe it looked good. Ashley Greene rocked that wig, just saying. Jackson Rathbone looked a lot more like himself, playing Jasper, and that was a good thing. I hope they keep that look for part 2.

All in all, good movie. It kept me on the edge of my seat. The book is now boring compared to this movie, but which stupid person would make that comparison? Oh, I just did? Haha. It was short, in my opinion, the movie. I'm looking forward for more next year, since it seems like the real story is there.

The verdict? I liked it. It's my second favorite Twilight movie. Second to Eclipse, of course. I love me some Jasper.

No comments:

Post a Comment