Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Thee emotions, thee hundred words.

Intricate.

You hold me close until the music stops. When the lights go out, we each take a step, farther away from each other, as if we are not already worlds apart. I walk all the way home, wondering if you ever wonder how it feels like to be me, a safety net you fall back on every time you trip and fall. And then I realize, with everything you have gotten yourself into, you must know. The things you do to me are the exact same things she does to you. Best part? You do not seem to mind, too.

Daydream.

The contour of your face is etched in my mind. Every line has its own story of laughter to tell. Your lips curl into a smile, and suddenly, my world is on fire. I can close my eyes and still see, with clarity, the map of your veins tangled up in mine. I lay on my side, ignoring the glaring eyes of the emptiness you left behind. As long as I refuse to see it, it does not exist. Your warmth still lingers here, in this cold, miserable place that has become my home since you walked away.

Infinity.

Tell me, have you ever loved a boy with eyes like oceans? A boy who, when you press your face to his collar, smells of endless possibilities and outstretched horizons? He says my name delicately, each syllable sweet, as fragile as spun sugar. He looks at me as if he has never known a world before me, as if the idea alone might sound strange, unthinkable. We run in circles - endless, infinite circles, and time has as much value as a fine grain of sand - small and weightless and unnoticeable. The only thing that matters is this. This is ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment