Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

Through The Winning,Losing, And Trying...

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours, no matter how close or far apart you may be. A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care. A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

 Sometimes, we have to lose someone or something important before we can finally acknowledge their presence. I usually wear rings on my fingers. I get so used to the feeling of having it there, until it comes to the point where it feels like it's a part of my body already. An extension. Until one day, I'll just forget that I have a ring, and treat it like it's some ordinary thing. In short, I take it for granted.

What's sad is this, the moment I take it off, I won't be able to remember where I put it. I'll lose it, and the following days will be torture, because I'll be longing for the comfortable feeling of having my ring around my finger. That's exactly how it feels like when you lose your friends.

We spend a lot of time with them, sometimes, we talk on the phone even after midnight, giggling, rambling about silly nothings. It's hard to think that people fall apart, but it's true. We don't notice the small changes that happen every day, the little gaps that form, until one day, we're all just so far apart that the distance can't be bridged anymore.

We can't really put the blame on one single person, but we usually look for someone, SOMETHING to blame, because we have to find reasons why. Sometimes, there are no reasons.

Sometimes, we meet people who are meant to teach us some lessons...When their purpose is done, we have no choice but to let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment