Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Crazy Little Thing Called Love.

It's strange how love works for people. Some people are born with their names written together in the stars. They grow up knowing each other, discovering things together, teaching and learning from each other. They're the kind of people our favorite authors so often write novels about. The kind we only think exists in movies, in teeny bopper television shows, in best selling books of all time. It's funny how love works in different ways for different people. While most of the ones I know are either married, with kids or one on the way, or maybe engaged, off to some summer romance vacation with the ones they love, I'm here, sitting at home, filling this void in me by watching the sappiest movies you can find. Last night, it was Dear John.

I've had my fair share of these knee weakening, my-chest-is-pounding-oh-my-God-I-can't-believe-he-loves-me-too kind of love, but that was way back when. All I'm trying to say is that sometimes, we fall in love with the last person we'd ever want to be associated with. Sometimes, it's like it's been written on the family's book of history since 1264 that you'll someday be off to marry this particular person, and you'll never really have a choice cause you'll grow up with him, and you'll have no reason at all not to love him. I'm just wondering why none of these happened, or happens, or probably will happen to me. Where's my fairy tale?

Some people say you shouldn't look for love; you just have to let love find you. What if love is a lazy ass thing who won't get up unless you will him to? I think we have to meet love halfway. Nothing will ever happen if you don't act on it. You can't ask for someone when you don't even go out and meet people, right?

I don't know what kind of fairy tale romance is in store for me, but to be completely honest with whoever is reading this, I can't wait. I didn't know it was possible to miss someone whose existence is a big question mark to you, someone whose face you haven't seen, whose voice you've never heard. It's exciting, the thought of having that someone whose personality matches yours completely, or maybe compliments yours in ways no one else can. Someone who makes you smile till your face hurts, someone who'll choose you over anything or anyone in this entire world, just like you'll do for him.

Someone to share all the wonderful things with.

No comments:

Post a Comment