Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

"Please Don't Be True."

Unless you're as big of a bookworm as I am, you'll never understand the way my blood rushes each time the cashier punches my purchase through her laser bar code reader.

I was in the mall with my sister today. She bought notebooks and pad papers for school, so I used the opportunity to buy a book. It's a bit disappointing that when you check the "Teen's Series" aisle nowadays, all the shelves hold are vampire novels. Of course I like Twilight, but I've never really read any vampire novels aside from the saga. I just think it's too much, and that the authors seem to have nothing else to write about.

Anyways, last week, I was planning to buy The Perks Of Being A Wallflower but I saw two Gossip Girl books (they're rare), so I decided to buy them instead, reasoning that The Perks Of Being A Wallflower still has many available copies, and that I'd buy it next time. But when I was looking for it earlier, I found out that every copy has been bought, so I ended up buying Please Don't Be True by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor, hence the title of this post.

Now I'm in my room, like I always am, and trying not to think about the future. I won't be enrolling for school this sem and the next, which means I have a full year ahead that I'll probably spend in this house, in this room. I badly need a social life, but I have no friends, so my books and music are my best friends for now. I really wish I could go to school, but I can't rush my fate. I'm just putting it all in God's loving hands and hoping for the best.

In the room next to mine, my sister's bedroom, she's arguing with my aunt. My sister lent my grandmother Php7,000.00 months ago, and the payment is in my aunt. She keeps the money. But when my sister asked her about it, she said Rhiza now only has Php 3,000.00 because we spent the rest these past few weeks. Yes, we went out a lot this month and spent a lot, but my aunt never said we were spending Rhiza's money, so it pisses my sister off to no end. This is why I can't wait to move out of this house sometimes. My aunt can be very manipulative when she wants to be, and as you can see, it does us no good.

I can't wait for my uncle's wedding in December! It's gonna be a happy time for all of us and it's all I'm excited about right now. My life is so borig and predictable, but at least I'm alive. That's enough for me to be thankful. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment