Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Goodbye, One More Day.

There must be something about the rain that never fails to always put me in a trance,where I'm engulfed with this idea of a perfect life,with perfect people living it. The rain seems to water the inside of my head, fertilizing the soil, turning dust into mud, and suddenly, all that lacks beauty now has it, and the ones that already have it before are sparkling even more.

Sometimes, I feel like the rain is some good omen from God. It might have something to do with the fact that where I'm from, the heat of the sun rules. Some intelligent statistics done by intelligent people in the Philippines will show just how many people have dies in the past year alone due to heat stroke, but that's beside the point. What I'm trying to say is that when it rains, I'm a completely different person. I don't know if that's even possible, but the sound of raindrops pelting the roof is like a lullaby composed specifically for me. It's like something or someone is telling me that everything will be right with the world again, and that the impurities and imperfections are all being washed away, so that when I set my foot out on the road, the air smells fresher, the leaves look greener, people are happier. Because everything that used to be heavy have been carried away by the rain, to the clouds, to make them light again. And then there's that multi-colored arch across the sky, reminding us that to achieve beautiful things, we must go through hardship. And that mythical pot of gold they talk about being at the end of every rainbow? It's there to remind us to keep hoping for better things, better days, brighter tomorrows.

No comments:

Post a Comment