Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Sunbeams,They Scatter.

I had a post-Valentine afternoon snack with Ham last Tuesday and together we realized how hard life is for us first borns.

It's like when you're th eldest,they all expect you to do good and almost never make any mistakes just so your siblings would follow your lead. Worse,you don't have a life of yournown. We feel like we're just business investments waiting to happen. Every decision we make is shadowed by responsibility and pressure. It's never easy.

Anyway,her boyfriend asked her if she'd marry him. She said not now, but he Lready wants a family. It's that easy for him because he's the youngest child in his family. She's the eldest, and she's supposed to help her parents financially in aiding the studies of her two younger brothers. In plain,simple English, she can't get married yet. The problem is she's afraid he wouldn't be able to wait.

As the years pass,our priorities and views in life change,obviously. Long ago,I thought it was that easy. Now I see how wrong I was. I've realized that promises are delicate things to give, especially when it means so little to you and so much to the person on the receiving end. If only I could go back and take what I've given, I would.

I found out that some things are sometimes better off unsaid.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment