Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

RIP, AJ Perez.



Four years ago, when I was a freshman in College, there was this teen oriented drama shown in ABS-CBN every Saturday afternoon. It was called Abt Ur Luv, starring some of the country's most sought after teen actors that time.




One of them happened to be Antonello Joseph Sarte Perez, more popularly known as AJ Perez. He wasn't that good in delivering his lines, but he had those really gorgeous lips that made my jaw drop and made me want to make out with our TV set. Just kidding. He was cute, he could dance, and his role was that of a perfect gentleman.


Today, after lunch, I was watching TV with my sister. I got up to get a glass of water when this Breaking News segment came on, informing the people of what to expect for tonight's news. One of them said "teen actor AJ Perez died of a vehicular accident." Immediately, I ran back to the living room to make sure I heard the TV right. Unfortunately, I did.


Don't get me wrong. I'm not a super fan of him nowadays. I've moved past that teeny bopper stage wherein I'd get really giddy whenever I saw him on screen. I was like that four years ago. Still, it's hard to wrap my head around the fact that he's dead, and he's only 18.


AJ's friends were iterviewed and all they could say about him were good words. It still feels weird, seeing death hitting the people you know, the people you've come to love, especially when they're this young, full of energy and dreams. When I pass by a funeral in some other places, I don't really feel it because of course, I have no idea who's dead, what they did with their lives, and what they left for the ones they love to remember. This, however, is different.


It's like I grew up seeing him on TV, and each time I did, he always had that ready smile. He was cheerful and full of life. It's hard to believe that something like this could happen to any of us until it does. I guess we all push the thoughts of death aside because it's not something we have brevity to face. It's like if we don't think or talk about it, it doesn't exist. But the truth of the matter is it does, and whatever we do, it something no one can ever escape.


It made me ask myself how I'd like to be remembered when I'm dead. If anyone would even feel some kind of pain while they reminisce what I did. Because of this, I'm now driven to live every day as if it's my last. I know it sounds like an awful cliche, but we really have no idea what might happen tomorrow. I'm done taking this life for granted. I'm young. I have a wild imagination and I believe that I can do whatever I can imagine. So what's stopping me?


Right now, nothing.


RIP, AJ Perez.
February 17, 1993 - April 17, 2011
You'll always be remembered. <3


2 comments:

  1. Very nice article. I certainly love this website.
    Keep it up!
    my web page > ebook writing

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful points altogether, you just gained a emblem
    new reader. What would you suggest in regards to your
    post that you made a few days in the past? Any sure?
    Here is my web blog ... Buy Facebook Likes Cheap

    ReplyDelete