Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Three Strengths Of Yours

I'd like to think I'm naturally strong, but the truth is, I'm weak. I easily give in to temptation or pressure, and most of the time, I can't stand firm on my decisions. I'm one of the weakest people on Earth, but there are things and people who give me strength and keep me going on.

My sister is my reason for living right now. Ever since we've lost our parents, we've lived with our grandparents and aunts, and there are times when it feels like it's the two of us against the world. She's my only basic family left, and when I think about the future, I always see her in it. I can't imagine living without my sister. I'd literally swallow a bullet for her.

My grandmother is one of the best people in the world. She's a strong woman. She's been through a lot but she never gave up. She's also one of the kindest hearts ever, and she'll help people for as much as she can. She is my inspiration, and even though I don't say it often, I aspire to be just like her someday.

There are things we don't see, and sometimes we don't even feel, but we can't deny their existence. Like the wind. Like God. I'm not one of those uber religious people that preach on buses and the streets. I don't always give enough tiths, I drink, and I've tried smoking (and gave up after one stick, it was awful), in short, I'm no saint, but I have faith. Things don't always go my way. I make a lot of mistakes throughout the days, but at the end of each, at night, I look back at all the things I've done, and believe it or not, they somehow make sense. My faith in God assures me that all those things I've done in the past have lead me to be the person I am today. Stronger, not always happy, but it's not so bad. It just feels so good to know that no matter what I do, I'll never be alone. Someone will always love me for me, and see me through. I don't know where I'll be without my faith in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment