Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Three Things On Your To-Do List

It's summer break, so I don't really know what I have to do, but last summer was awesome and I kinda wish this summer would be like that. Hm. If my life....and frame of mind right now permits, these are some things I'd like to do.

1. Start over.

This is the most important thing to me right now. I'm sure my family's still upset with me for the things I've done, and it'll take time for them to heal and forgive me completely....Or maybe that won't ever happen at all, but here's what I know: I have to forgive myself. I want to forgive myself for screwing up, pull a clean, new slate, and start over. Maybe I'd scrawl a quote on a note pad and pin it to my wall to always remind me.

No one can go back and make a new beginning, but everyone can start and make a new ending.

Or  something like that. I'd look it up and pin it to my wall to give me the motivation I need to pick myself up and act on living a better life.


2. Read a book.

I've been reading this book called What Matters Most For Teens for quite some time now and I'm still yet to finish. It's a good self help book and I can say it has helped me understand life a little better, and why things happen when they do. I plan to finish it this summer. I have nothing better to do.

3. Return to God.

I've been all kinds of lazy these days when it comes to church. I'd make excuses so I wouldn't go, when really, I just felt so guilty facing God when I felt like I had no right to. But now that I've set myself free, I think it's about time God and I shake hands again. I really want to be a better person, not only for myself but for everyone around me. Being good feels good....

No comments:

Post a Comment