Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Dear Yesterday

It's easier to say "I don't care anymore".
But it's hard when you know you don't mean it.

Dear yesterday,I dialed your phone.
I tried going back to your arms.I wanted to feel loved.I wanted to once again feel the warmth of your protective arms around me.I remember you.You might not know it,but I do.

Dear yesterday,where are you?I used to sleep in the afternoons,and gently you'd tuck me under the sheets.You made me feel safe and cared for.I am looking for you.

Dear yesterday,you were that summer afternoon.You were that lazy Sunday morning.You were that rainy August day I spent at home,cuddled up with a good book.I miss you.

Dear yesterday,you were the first day we met.You were our first date.You were the first day he held me.You were our Anniversary.You were our past together.You were the happiest of my days.

Dear yesterday,you were the first day we fought.You were the first time he hurt me.You were that day I spent sitting lonesome on a rock beside the dirt road.You were gone.I'm too late.I'm longing for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment