Pages

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Why Are We So Distant Now?


She sat by the door,craning her neck to watch the skies.


Tonight,the moon's chin was pointy and sharp,and part of its face was but a beautifully hidden shadow. A star shone brightly by its side,reminding the moon that it was not alone.


She was never the type to run away from problems.She was always one to believe that if she faced it earlier,she'd be out of it earlier.


Today,she ran away.


Not because she felt like giving up...But because she was scared she would not feel like giving up.



I'm just so confused...Why does she keep on trying to bend the truth? She told me what she thought: that I was brainwashed. That's what she always says. This was what I told her: I am not being brainwashed by anybody. I am old enough to know the truth and to choose what I should believe in.

Mom and I had a heated conversation on the phone.Well,they were only text messages cause I didn't answer her calls...Don't judge me just yet..I have my reasons.

When she lied to me face to face about her boyfriend,we didn't say anything.I've been trying so hard for so long to be happy for her,with her choices because she deserves to be happy,but why does her happiness always have to hurt us?

I just hate it when people lie to me. It always ends up badly when people tell lies. What's so wrong with the truth? Sure,it will hurt and it will not be always nice, but it will all come up eventually anyway,so why not just get it over with as soon as possible?

I just don't get people sometimes...We always make empty promises and say some words that mean nothing at all to us,when we know they mean the world to the people who receive them.I just want to get rid of all the complications we human beings make.They make life all the more difficult to live.

Like for example when we say "I am always here for you," we go wrong right there. You can't always be there for someone. You know that,at some point in time your lives will drift apart,or you would stop caring,or they will stop needing you.At some point in your lives things will change.They will take a turn for the better or for the worse--we don't know which will be which,but the point is,they will change with each passing of time.With every falling leaf. With every broken promise. With every hoping heart. With every lesson learned.

Now everytime someone tells me something,I catch myself wondering what is real and what is just added to make the story sound better.

People grow tired of believing,of trusting,hoping,and having faith when all the time they get deceived.

I am deceived of the truth. I've heard one too many empty promises.

I'm tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment