Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Destiny


The fact that I cannot kiss my elbow is enough to make me realize that some things seem to be close,yet they are bound to be beyond my reach.

They always say maybe it's my destiny,or that maybe *insert someone's name here* was not meant to be in my life,or maybe their purpose is over.

What about me?I mean,they make me fall,get used to spending time with them,and then out of a sudden it's all over?It's easy to say we could move on like nothing happened,but believe me.It's easier said than done.

I know,nobody said it would be fair,or that it would be what I imagine it to be.That's why falling in love (or everything in life) is a risk.We don't know what the outcome will be.We only have vague ideas of what it might be.Still,it's not easy when you both make promises and it ends up shattered,and it's you who's left alone to pick up all the broken pieces.It's tiring,consuming,and sometimes it feels better to just give up and let it be.

Destiny.It's what most of us blame for the things that happen in our lives,but destiny is not a huge rock that you can't shake.Sure,we have our destinies written in the stars,but that doesn't mean we could make an excuse and just always blame destiny for the things that happen in our lives.I think it's called destiny because of one thing-destination.

See?The end is waiting for us.It might be a happy ending or a tragic one.It depends on how you get there, and what you did along the way.In short,you could say you were born to be an astronaut,but if you go to College and take up medicine,you'll be a doctor.In easy words: you can alter it by doing one single mistake.

The same goes for love.Falling in love is so easy,keeping it is the hardest part,because when you have to do something easy everyday,it has the tendency to get boring and dull as time passes by,and in love,you have to fall every single day to be able to keep the fire burning.Fall to the sides and you're out.I mean,when we are in love,our goals should always be straight ahead,we should keep our eyes on the prize, and never play with anyone's heart.Perhaps we are destined to be with that someone,but one single mistake can change everything.It can alter destiny.Faith is very important.We all have to have that for that one person you couldn't live without.In the end,it would be worth it.

You might think I'm a bit cynical about destiny.No,I'm a hopeless romantic and I really believe in destiny.All I'm saying is that  just because there's destiny doesn't mean we shouldn't work our way to it. Just because there's destiny doesn't mean we could lie around all day and declare that we are destined to be jobless or homeless. We are the ones who lead our lives to where we want it to be.Destiny is only as reliable as we are.If we don't aspire and work for a happy ending,we would never get it.And we,my friends,make our own destiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment