Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2010

You're The Only Thing I Know Like The Back Of My Hand...



And I can't breathe without you, but I have to...

I really don't know how I should start with this. Perhaps I am crazy. Perhaps I was crazy, and have just come to the conclusion that I am not crazy enough to fit in.

 You know, when you reach a point in your life when you meet a friend whom you cherish more than you do yourself, you have this feeling that no matter what it takes, you would stay by their side. No matter the consequences, you are ready to break any barriers for them.

That was how it used to be for us. Do you remember that time, when everyone seemed to conspire against us? I was pretty sure back then that if they pulled the trigger, I would jump and take the bullet, if it meant you were spared. I honestly treated you like my sisters.

But as we all know, time changes everything. Even fire burns itself out after some time. For so many times... I tried saying goodbye, but I came back hustling every single time, didn't I? Maybe because I am not that easy to beat, you know? I don't let simple things bring me down, and as long as there is a way, I'll fumble in the dark to find it.

Well...Things are quite different now, I must admit. You may kick my knee in denial, and tell me that it's all the same...but please, just....don't. Okay? Listen to me, you two. I have a heart that feels, and this heart...Well, it feels that the three of us are walking in a narrow alley, and you know? We can't walk if it's the three of us together. Someone has to go and walk behind the other two so hat we could all pass comfortably, and that someone is definitely me. And it's okay, really, I'm more than willing and happy, because I know that you are both happy. That's all I could ever ask for.

Sometimes, things like this really happen to people. Maybe at first we thought it was the three of us that were destined to be best friends, when in fact it was just the two of you, and I was just a bridge. A happy bridge, by the way. I can see that through this weeks, you have gone closer to each other, and well.. Far apart from me. I admit, sometimes, of course, it hurts me, but there's nothing I can do about it, right? So it's okay... I mean, you know... Maybe I'm like, not supposed to be in the pot or something... Like a wild weed that belongs in a prairie... Watchamacallit. Anyway, what I'm saying is that I am not saying goodbye. But I am not holding on anymore, either, because I've kind of given up all hopes that it will all be the same again. Kind of.

So...yeah...Uh... I think that's just about it. I had the greatest times of my life talking to you and everything... And it was nice knowing you and I'm happy for you. And I hope all your dreams and wishes come true... Whatever you may ask for... So.... Thank you for everything....

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment