Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Never Lose Focus!


Woooh!!! I traveled 4 hours to Manila to see Eclipse with Mainia today and it was the best day ever! Ever! EVER!!!

I still got the Eclipse fever,can you tell?Well,it was so fucking good,I had to curse about it even though I am not really a big fan of profanity. I think I'll see it again tomorrow. No,I'm sure I will see it again tomorrow!

So this post is all about the movie.I perfectly understand that some of you guys haven't seen the movie yet and you might not like spoilers, so I'm putting my review and fangirling squees after the cut. Click the line if you want! But don't blame me if it ruins or strengthens your excitement!
Okay, so we spent more than an hour in line to buy tickets cause there was a HUGE number of people swarming for them. It was early; we started at 11 in the morning. By the time we got our tickets, it was 12:30 in the afternoon. The movie began at 2:30, and we were seated on the second row.We were practically looking up to the screen but we had no choice beacuse the theater was packed,and those were the only seats available.

Let me tell you though, it was WORTH it. More than that, to be honest. It was very rewarding cause for two movies' worth I have been disappointed that Melissa Rosenberg didn't seem to care enough about the characters apart from Edward and Bella (cough Alice and Jasper cough) . First, in Twilight, she didn't write about Alice's backstory, nor did she include them in the Prom scene. I mean come on, perhaps it was not Melissa's fault; perhaps it was the production staff's or whatever---but seriously?Like,they could have at least shown rosalie and Emmett and Alice and Jasper going to prom.

In New Moon, my favorite scene was the airport scen where the depth of Jasper and ALice's relationship was defined. Well, sadly, it's all in the book,but NOT in the movie. I was so disappointed,like, Jasper only got a line or two! It was....sad.

Now! I didn't expect anything to avoid getting to disappointed once the movie came out like the other two, but frankly--I knew there must be some reason why Eclipse is my favorite book (and now,movie) from the Saga.Among the three,it was the best.And maybe I am being biased,but I don't think Breaking Dawn can surpass this--the book's plot is just too overwhelming-in a bad way-unless they include more of Alice and Jasper.

Now,on with the review which is like 8275265% squee and 7338765% fangirling and swooning over Jacksper!

AGAIN, SPOILER ALERT! Click on the line at your own risk

David. Slade. Is. A. Genius.

The actors have improved a lot. Bella almost lost all the stuterring and blabbering and I think it is so much better! Plus Kristen really looked best in this movie!

Taylor Lautner also nailed it. His lines were well delivered and amusing, to the point that I almost forgot about his abs. Hehehe kidding,nobody forgets about the Holy abs, you know? But Taylor... He has grown, acting-wise. He has improved and I was impressed. You should definitely see his face when Bella rode on his motorcycle (no pun intended) it was so taunting! And he got me at "let's face it,I'm hotter than you" XD.

Robert Pattinson also did well, and Nikki Reed almost made me cry with her back story! Well to be honest, I would have cried if only it was not that crowded in the cinema.It would have been embarrassing to cry. Kellan Lutz was good too! His lines were well polished and his action scenes with Jackson are exciting to watch! The rest of the cast were amazing! I particularly like the "sex talk" scene! It was so cute and funny!

Now,now,now...It's time for .. Oh My Greenebone!

Seriously,like,no kidding! Eclipse is the ultimate Greenebone movie! You guys would enjoy it! (I should know.I spent two hours avoiding peeing my pants everytime Jackson and Ashley appeared on screen.It's not something I'd get used to. They kissed. One was a peck during their fight practice which was pretty sweet, and one was open mouthed (I even saw some tongue,I'd like to think) wherein Bella was watchng them,smiling,but eventually felt the need to look away.It was a pretty short kiss,but damn if I didn't melt. It's just sad that Jackson had to pay Melissa just to have that kiss.Things as great as that deserve to be in the movie!

We also get a bit of Jasper's back story. Maria had a small role,but I'd like to thank the b*tch for giving Jasper to us.

"I thought what Maria and I had was love. But I was her puppet, and she pulled the strings." Man, in this whole movie,Jackson had the best acting skills. I am not even being biased.You just have to see for yourself.He was teary eyed when he said this,so my heart was like shattered into a million little pieces, but then Alice appeared and said "You'll never have to go through that again." And aww!!! It was the epitome of perfection, bliss....Love.

I really loved Eclipse. Every scene was related to the other, and we did get a lot of Jasper/Alice moments here. You know,I couldn't even remember another Bella/Edward scene except for the leg hitch and the proposal, which,when he spun her around in the air,really looked ....uhh...special?

This might not even be helpful, but really. You must see Eclipse to understand. I can't concentrate on Bella and Edward and anyone else except Alice and Jasper. Jasper's Southern accent was so bold that I was like *drroooooollllll!!!!!!* and everytime he popped in the screen I melted a little more inside. I fell in love with Greenebone all over again.

2 comments:

  1. AWWWWWWWWWWWW SEANNNNN
    I LOVE IT!
    AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    LOVE LOVE LOVE

    PS i seriously think that jackson was kidding about the "paid for the kiss" cause melissa will do what the director and producers tell her to do ;)

    love ya sweet

    mar

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you! Everytime Jasper and Alice apeared on the screen I smiled because you could see the chemistry between the two. I also noticed that Jasper/Jackson was teary eyed when he talked about his past.
    It was just me or they didn't use the "you've kept me waiting for a long time! and the "I'm sorry ma'am" Lines? C'mon was it so difficult to kept those exact same lines?

    Like I said before I totally agree with eveything you said - I must say that I really loved Jackson, Ashley Nikki and Kellan ''s performances! For me they made like a all new movie !

    I'm going to watch Eclipse again really soon!

    ACndCA

    ReplyDelete