Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

Dancing Along The Lines


There's something about the rain...

I spent a lot of time being miserable. It's like misery is an old friend. It tricks us sometimes into thinking that it's always going to be there, that we can't be happy. But we can. We can walk away from pain. And I think the best way to do that is to believe in ourselves that we are somehow worth something. It's not important to be everything, you know. Being something alone is quite an achievement.

Do you know why we become miserable? I think it's because we are always not contented with what we have. We always strive to have more, to be more. Greed consumes humanity... I should know. I myself can be selfish at times.

It is not a secret how I love shopping and owning fancy things. I think we all have that in us. Problem is, the more I have, the more I want. Having a burning passion for something sometimes ends up to a competition, if not with one's self, with others who share the same passion. It can be dangerous because as human beings, we have this drive to prove to everybody that no one else is better. Why, I really don't know, perhaps because of the promise that succes comes with people looking up to you because you have something they want or need. That's human nature.

It might be hard to understand, but I believe all this roots from one simple thing-our desire to be admired, to have somewhere to belong, to have someone believe in us, look at us and never look away. I really can't generalize, I can only speak for myself, and it's true that having someone's entire attention focused on me is flattering. It's so good that I might even go as far as saying basking in someone's attention is like dancing in the rain. It makes me giddy, happy, and free to be me.

Sometimes, I just need someone to be there for me. I need to go to someone just to hear them say I'm beautiful, cause it makes me feel better. But sometimes, no matter how many times they call me beautiful, I don't want to hear it....unless it's from him. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment