Pages

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Under Your Wing , Take me Home To My Dreams


The stars are never far enough for us to reach.

I have always been a dreamer. Oftentimes,I would lie awake in my bed in the wee hours of the night,dreaming about the future I was born into. It makes me scared,but all at the same time,it makes me hopeful.

It's never a sin to dream. We could have our own heaven on Earth just by dreaming. And with a lonely broken heart,that's what I usually do.

 My dreams vary. Most of them are just blurred sequences of what my subconscious self is always wishing for. Sometimes, I dream of dancing with the dandelions. Sometimes, I dream of watching the sunset. Oftentimes, I dream of going to Europe and ending this pain.

They have always provided me with a nice and easy escape from the harsh reality. When I'm dreaming,there are no vast oceans and seas. Heaven and Earth are not miles apart, and people could sleep on clouds or play among the stars. In my dreams, there's a huge rainbow arched above my roof, and  as a bridge it serves,connecting the gap between our lands.

My heart...It has always been pretending to be numb. For so long, I kept on ignoring this pain I'm feeling inside. But now,it's a throbbing ache that renders me sleepless nights.

I force myself to close my eyes and drift off to oblivion,to that only place where I could meet  them.Temporarily, my heart would smile again. And the pain that sears through my whole body would be gone in a snap of a finger, for there they will be,standing in front of me. There we will be, sitting on a perfect shaped log, surrounded by the greenest grass, with wildflowers blown by the wind, together with our hair.   The sunset will paint the sky a marvelous pink, and it's beauty will reflect in a lake. Dancing,  the trees will be dancing, and we will hear the birds chirp.

....We will tell each other stories, and soon enough,our laughter will fill the air...

And I would wake up, certain with myself that if only I could have that dream,I would sleep for eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment