Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Today, I'm Thankful For Everything

Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive,and go do it. Because what the worlds needs is people who have come alive.

-Howard Thurman

Today,I'm thankful for everything. Yes, everything. Family,friends,the people who care. I am thankful for all the good and bad, the smiles and tears, the introductions and goodbye. I am thankful for life in general.

Some of the people closest to me made me a blog. I would not cite the blog here, it's not something I would like to ponder on. I haven't read anything posted on it yet. I don't think I would,either. Not because I don't want to. Believe me, I love you all guys who took the time to send me your best regards and messages,but it's not something that I am comfortable with.

Someone told me about some of the things written there. From the sound of it,I think it's rather emotional and depressing at the same time,I don't think I can handle that.I mean yeah,I know I've done those things,but I guess those people who said that just made a big deal out of my actions. First of all, I am not as good as they made me seem,okay? I make mistakes all the time,honestly,I do.And those 'good' deeds I've done? I didn't do all those to gain respect or fandom, nor did I ever dream of any citation. I did all those to satisfy myself. The hunger that lies within me. If you know what I am talking about,then thanks. I did not want to be branded as some kind of a hero who saves the day.It's just that,I know what it feels like to be alone and helpless,and I'm doing what I can to prevent other people from suffering (as much as possible) because truth is,when I'm down,I want someone to do the same for me. And doing that for others--well,it feels really good.

Okay,enough of that. I'm now going to tell you why I am thankful for everything.

First, because I have an amazing bunch of family and friends who don't get tired of trying to get along with me,even when my mood is rough and tangled to shreds.I really am a lucky girl,you know. My family does everything they can to be able to meet my needs. My friends..well,not all of them are always there but I always have someone to lean on to when times get hard.

Sure,I often have troubles and sacrifices to make,but I don't have the right to complain,because after everything is said and done,it's still a fairly beautiful life I have.I have a home to return to when it starts raining.I have food on my plate. I go to school. I am blessed.

You know how everyone keeps complaining about why a certain person looks better than them or is smarter or richer? It's all in the mind. If you open your eyes every morning and start your day with a smile, face the reflection on the mirror and tell her that she is beautiful,then you are beautiful. We are all only as beautiful as we think we are,remember that.now,if you yourself believe that you are not beautiful,then so will everyone.Sometimes,you have to assert yourself to be able to make people see who you really are. You have to stand in the middle and shout "this is me",and eventually,they will believe that that is really you,and you will gain what you deserve.

Love yourself. You are given everything to make use of it,don't waste your chance. You are a human being,just like everyone else in this world is.No matter what race,religion,complexion you are,no matter what language you speak,no matter who you hang out with,no matter what they say,no matter the circumstances. Even if you are sick,less abled,or financially unstable, even if you make strange choices. You are a child of the universe, and you belong here,together with all the others. You have the right to everything here, as much as all the people do. You are given something special,you just have to find it,then make the most of it, and you'll be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment