Pages

Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Skies Are Dark, It's Time For Rain...



This is the loneliest sunset I have ever seen.

I should be happy today, not sat here worried like mad, because I do not know what's happening to you. I don't know what happened to you. I don't know where you are, if you are safe now or what... I don't know, and that makes it all the more difficult.

Last night was ecstatic. You, I, our friends, and all the other people that matter, together in one dream, in one place. You held my hand the whole time, and as I leaned my head on your shoulder while we listened to the rolls of waves crashing on the side of the ferry, I wished I could freeze time and stay there with you forever.

It all came without warning today. This morning, you didn't wake up. You were supposed to wake up! To open your eyes and greet me, and wish me a wonderful day. You were supposed to tease me a lot! You were supposed to talk, to breathe this cool, clean air... But you didn't. I shook you and you answered me with a grunt... And before my very eyes, you gasped for air, your heartbeat was crazy, and then it was almost gone. Gone....

I cried, but my tears were not to you like water to plants. They took you away in a noisy ambulance, and all I could see were the flashing reds and blues as I sat limply on the curb, rubbing my face on my palm. I was supposed to chase after you! To make sure that they would give you the best care, the treatment you deserve! Where are you now...?

Cal... Please don't hurt me like this.... Please be well.... Believe me, I tried... I tried to convice them that I was important enough to be there with you, to be there for you... I don't know where you are now... I don't know what's happening now. I don't know if there was something I could have done... I feel so ... I don't know what I am feeling right now....

Please don't leave...Please...

No comments:

Post a Comment