Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Where Is Your Faith?


Give up something for Christ's sake...

Today,I went to our Sunday Worship Service to hear our Pastor preach.I really need a bible,since my bilingual bible is somewhere out there,I don't know where.I can't find it.Anyway,the bible scripture that we read today was Luke 8:23-25, where it said....

As they sailed, he fell asleep. A squall came down on the lake, so that the boat was being swamped, and they were in great danger.

The disciples went and woke him, saying, "Master, Master, we're going to drown!" He got up and rebuked the wind and the raging waters; the storm subsided, and all was calm.

"Where is your faith?" he asked his disciples. In fear and amazement they asked one another, "Who is this? He commands even the winds and the water, and they obey him."

I just thought it was a very good topic,our Pastor asked us to go to the next level of faith,but it's not that easy.Why?

Because we worry too much about the most mundane things when in reality,they shouldn't really matter all that much to us.Today,I have realized that in order to take the higher step in the ladder of faith,I have to give up something for God,so that I can lift myself up and reach Him.

What do I have to give up for Him?

My burdens.The things that trouble me.The dark thoughts in the back of my mind.I have to give them up and let Him work on my life,because He is planing something good for me.I just have to be faithful enough and trust Him,cause only He knows what's best.Think about this...

A woman was boarding the bus.She had loads of stuff hanging by her arms,while her baby was clinging to her chest.She had a shoulder bag,and she could barely walk because she had too many things.A man helped her board the bus.


As soon as she got on the bus,the man told her to sit comfortably and let go of her bags and baskets,but she wouldn't.


"I can't just let go of this," she said, "I'll be fine.Someone might steal them away."


She held on to her belongings and her baby the whole time,thus making the journey very uncomfortable for her.

See,if the woman had faith enough that God wouldn't let anything bad happen to her,she could have had a comfortable journey,but instead,she clung to her bags for dear life.

That's what we usually do. We cannot let go of the things that hurt us,of the things that bother us,that's why we are trapped in the past and never moving forward.I'm not talking about burden itself,I'm talking about all kinds of burden.You see,it comes in many forms.

It can be a best friend that influences you in the wrong way.It can be your problems or vices,or the hatred you feel towards someone.These things are hard to let go of and just forget about,but in order to grow spiritually,we have to.Because these things put up a barrier between who we are now and who we could become-a better and happier person.

Today,I could say I am in a boat in the middle of that ocean,and there are storms and winds,but I am unafraid,because God is with me,and I have faith in Him.No matter what happens,I leave it all up to Him,and I know He shall make me better...

I hope that somehow,I've inspired someone,anyone,with this post.Let go of whatever burdens you,yes,YOU.God has an awesome plan for you.Upgrade your faith,and He shall bless you with everything and more.

I'm leaving you with my current favorite piece from the Bible.I first read this one during our CBA Youth Camp last May 3-6,and I fell in love with it.I think it suits this topic,too.


Then a man named Jairus, a ruler of the synagogue, came and fell at Jesus' feet, pleading with him to come to his house

because his only daughter, a girl of about twelve, was dying. As Jesus was on his way, the crowds almost crushed him.

And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years, but no one could heal her.

She came up behind him and touched the edge of his cloak, and immediately her bleeding stopped.

"Who touched me?" Jesus asked. When they all denied it, Peter said, "Master, the people are crowding and pressing against you."

But Jesus said, "Someone touched me; I know that power has gone out from me."

Then the woman, seeing that she could not go unnoticed, came trembling and fell at his feet. In the presence of all the people, she told why she had touched him and how she had been instantly healed.

Then he said to her, "Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace."

~Luke 8:41-48

Faith.It transforms everything...

No comments:

Post a Comment