Pages

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Confession #4

I don't,I won't,I will never eat Dinuguan.

I firmly believe in compromise.When I was 8 or 9,I asked God to make my parents buy me a bike or a tennis set,and in return,I would never again eat Dinuguan (my favorite dish at that time). When my parents returned from their trip to Manila,they brought me home a tennis set,so my prayers were answered,and as a compromise,I kept my word.

Before,I was very tempted to break it but I kept my self control in check.As time passed by,I got used to not eating it anymore,to the point that I now find it disgusting.Nobody knows about this story.My aunt thinks it's because of the black color of the soup that I don't want to eat,so when she cooks dinuguan, she sets aside a portion for me that she wouldn't cook with blood.

I can't believe I stuck with my word,because as a child,I did what I wanted.I'm so proud now that I'm sure I have at least one promise that I did not ever break. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment