Pages

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Betrayed by Yesterday


It's funny how we think someone's perfect when we're in love.We see past the flaws,we try hard to believe every single lie.And when it's over,that's when we'll find ourselves asking "Why did I ever love him?".

I guess what they say about love being blind is true.

There was this one time when I was so in love with this person (who,after reading this,will probably assume that I wrote about him;he is that self centered) that I did not even notice how I was losing myself piece by piece in the process.The thing is,when you are (I am) in love,you put yourself last in your line of priorities.It's always the other person's feelings and views and needs that matter first.What you don't know is that while you were busy trying hard to be what he wanted you to be,the real you was falling slowly apart.

We will never realize how blinded love has made us until it is actually over.It's like a mural.You will only see the bigger picture once you take a step back as if you are actually watching it from a distance.Only then will you see what was really happening while you were unaware,poking your head in the love clouds.

As for me,I feel like yesterday betrayed me.I know though,that it really wasn't the past's fault,but it was that girl who used to be me's fault.That was my yesterday.I hate it that she let herself be changed,therefore here I am now,feeling bad for my naivety.

I would never regret falling in love...But I would always feel bad for falling in love with the wrong person,at the wrong time.

No comments:

Post a Comment