Pages

Saturday, April 10, 2010

From Blood Clots to Ink Drops


Write your story as it needs to be written. Write it honestly, and tell it as best you can. I'm not sure that there are any other rules. Not ones that matter. 
-Neil Gaiman

I don't know what I should,could,would write about.I'm uninspired but I really want to blog,so you  pretty much can't do anything about it.

I've got some questions on Formspring that I did not answer because they're almost all the same: How do I manage to write everyday?Why is it that I seem to never run out of words to say?

The answer is simple:  I do run out of words to say.I do experience those lazy days when no matter how hard I try to squeeze something out of my mind,nothing would come out.I do have writer's block every once in a while,but I know how to beat it.

How?

Easy.I write about what I feel,what I think,what's on my mind.If I don't have anything to write about,I'll write about not having anything to write about.Just like now.

See?I started this entry by saying I don't know what to write about,but as soon as I did,words started pouring out.The key to writing something is being honest--just put it all down in words,no matter how bad you think it is,it will come out great if you write in all honesty.

One more thing,watch your words.I've read a nice quote of Meg Cabot saying "write about something that you would want to read",and I was like,that is so absolutely right.Just write about you.Let it focus on your feelings,your views,the way you see things.With that done,you could never go wrong.If you write about something that you would never want to read,then you're just defeating the whole purpose of writing.

This is what I love.I hope I could say this is what I do best...But I don't have that much confidence yet.All I know is that whenever I write,it feels like I'm reconnecting with a distant part of myself that I have no idea it even exists.It's like stepping in a whole new world where I could just be as real as I could ever get without feeling the need to mold myself into what they expect me to be.

Truth be told,I could go on with this forever,I'll never run out of reasons why I love writing,but this one stands out among the rest:

It sets me free.

No comments:

Post a Comment