Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Stand Up...For Yourself



We become attached to what's familiar,and sometimes we hold on to things that are safe and predictable,even if it's bad for us.

I realize that I've always tried so hard to please people,to make them like me.I guess everyone does that at least once in their lives.Now,I know that I can't really please everybody.No matter how good I strive to be,there will always be those people who will talk bad about me.

This is what usually happens,especially among friends.We try hard to mold ourselves into someone we know they would like,even if it doesn't fit us.We refuse to stand up for ourselves even when they're hurting us.Because we think they love us...Because we have somewhere to belong.

It's hard to speak of something as deep,but all I know is that if people truly love you,you wouldn't have to change who you really are.You wouldn't have to cage your feelings.True friends can criticize each other without sounding harsh or mean.After all,it's for friendship's better sake.

Why do we remain on the ground,after they push us down?You weep silently,then get up without saying a word.That's what hurts the most.You are protecting their feelings because you do not want them to get hurt,but you are losing yourself in the process.You are losing the last strand of your true identity.You are throwing away what was left of you.You don't deserve any of that.Nobody does.

All I'm saying is this: when you know it's just too much,fight.Stand up and fight for yourself,because if you don't,nobody ever will.You could never get other people's respect if they don't see any self respect in you.That's where it all begins: in you.Happiness doesn't come with legs.You should find it,and when you do,grab it.If you want to be loved,show them that you deserve to be loved.

And if people only care about you if you would change your ways,forget it.They'd be loving the new you,not the real you.

No comments:

Post a Comment