Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Sweet Nostalgia


The course of true love doesn't ever run smoothly.It's like a roller coaster ride;it gives you the thrill,it makes you scared,but when it's over,you'll find yourself rooting for more.

What we had is even harder to forget.More than a roller coaster ride,it was...something.There's no name for it.There had never been us,but it was definitely something.

But time has its way of ruining even the most intricate and detailed love stories.Even Romeo and Juliet didn't have a happy ending.Who are we to wish for one?

Being with you was as easy as breathing.It was comfortable.It was like a lazy and rainy Sunday afternoon,curling up with a good book,and I couldn't think of any place I'd rather be than there.It was bliss.But it was never meant to be.

You know what I loved about us?The way we knew each other so well.Do you remember that day when I started walking away from you,and you tried so hard to stay mad but still ended up running after me?The things like that are what I miss the most.You made me feel loved and important.I don't know now how I could start from scratch...It's harder than starting over with nothing at all.

We were inseparable.Pencil and eraser,pedal and wheels,that was what they used to say.We'd never function very well without each other.I still have no idea why or how we've drifted apart.Maybe it was me,or maybe it was you.But I am pretty sure it was us.It was the lack of effort to make it work.We both were aware of our feelings...but we kept denying them.

Now,where are we?Here I am,pretending to be happy without you,while there you are,painting the town red,acting as if you're not affected.

There's just one thing that I've learned.Loving someone isn't always about fairytales and fantasies. It's about truth, and realities...And there's one question I've been meaning to ask...

We were almost there...What happened to us?

No comments:

Post a Comment