Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

Was Today A Fairy Tale?

Wait for me, I'm almost ready.

Love is so peculiar. We chase the people who don't like us, yet we run away from people who love us.

It's the fear of not being loved back that's holding us from running to each other-something we want to do for the longest time-it's the fear of being rejected, the fear of being laughed at.

I know you're playing tricks on me. You're testing the waters to see if it's safe to dive, because you wouldn't risk being drowned,but what you don't know is that I am waiting down under to pull you up. I didn't tell you, I didn't tag along your games because I don't want to lose.

So what will happen to our happy ending? If Cinderella would'nt risk her glass shoe, would she end up with her prince? If Prince Charming wouldn't risk a chaste kiss, would he wake Sleeping Beauty? If Ariel wouldn't risk her voice for a pair of feet, what would her life be?

Fairy tales taught me not to fear falling in love. In all the fairy tales I have read, princesses and princes fight for love, fr what they believe in. They draw strength from each other, they compliment each other like day and night, sunshine and rain, tears and smiles. One would be nothing without the other.

What fairy tales didn't teach me is that life is so much different from a fairy tale. I expect someone to sweep me off my feet, save me from disgrace, give me a foot popping kiss. Reality is harsh. There are no knights in shining armors, unicorns and rainbows, not even a grand ball. In reality, all I could see are falling stars, but no wishes come true. There are wars, conflicts, and everyday struggles,but there are no fairies or pixie dusts.The only way to fly is through an airplane,and not even half of the world could afford that.Fairy tales are magical,they're fun to read,but at the end of the day, I still live in reality,which is cold and harsh, and cuts deep,and leaves scars.

These princesses waited patiently for their princes to arrive,but I'm not a princess,and I have no patience. Most of all,you're no prince...And I'm done waiting. You're almost ready,but I have been sitting here for a long time.The bus has arrived,my destination is set.I'm off to follow my fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment