Pages

Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Letter To My Stranger Soulmate


There are six billion people in the world. Six billion souls, and sometimes, all you really need is one.


As lonely as the faraway star, I lie alone,wondering where you are. You could be anywhere-in a bus,reading a newspaper, asleep in your bed, at a party, or maybe, just like me, you are alone somewhere, wishing upon the same star.

It's been so long,I've been waiting for you.I while away the time playing some scenes in my mind, like how we would meet, where, when, in what situation, what color would the shirt you wear be...Would we meet in a diner on a rainy day? Would you tip off your hat, and if I hold out my hand, would you take it? So many questions...And I don't know where to find the answers.

Your eyes...I wonder what color they are.Are you soft spoken and thoughtful?I hope you're not the jealous type...I want you to know that whenever I hear a love song,I hum along to its tune,wondering if you've ever heard it.What's your favorite song?Are you lonely too?Are you looking for me too?I'm waiting here for you.

Whenever I'm tired,I just look at my hands,and then I'd smile to myself,knowing that one day,my fingers would finally be interlocked with yours.I can't wait to know how good it would feel to have you sitting right beside me,assuring me that I wouldn't be alone anymore.I'm pretty sure my heart would skip a bit everytime you speak, perhaps it would everytime I hear you breathe.I don't know about you,but already,I love you.

Without you,the nights are cold...They are lonely, but I'm doing everything I can to cope with it.Sometimes,I feel like giving up...But thinking about that fateful day that we would meet makes it all worth the wait.

Six billion souls...And I'm waiting for only one. Someday, you will find your way to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment