Pages

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Reviving My Long Forgotten Collection

Candy Magazines by Summit Publishing

I've started collecting Candy when I was in high school. My first ever issue was that of April 2003, but I didn't pursue collecting it back then, since I don't have enough money to sustain it.

My second issue was October 2003, then, August 2005. I only bought Candy when something on the cover caught my attention. I didn't take it too seriously.

Then came July 2006, with Bianca Pereche on the cover. I have no idea if she was a celebrity, if she has been or she still is. All I know till now is that she's the Teen Model Search winner, that's why she was featured on the cover. I still have no idea if something on the cover amused me, maybe the reason why I bought it was that I could relate to the articles at that time. Back in 2003, I really don't understand their articles about love. I remember that one entitled "Can Exes Be Just Friends?' and I was like, what the hell on earth are exes?

Since then, I made it a point to buy Candy every month. It has been a habit. A bad habit, my mom or aunt or even grandmother would complain. I've been addicted to Candy, that I went to the bookstore every first day of every month to get a copy immediately. There was a time I went home frustrated because they didn't have it on stands yet, even if it was already the 3rd day of the month. My collection went on for years, until I went to college.

I've forgotten all about Candy the moment my studies kept me busy. I didn't have time to check if it was already out in stands or what, and I didn't really care. I only bought it if the cover girl interested me. Sadly, I didn't have all the 2009 issues.

Now, I'm promising myself that I'll be a Candy girl again. I miss reading their oh so true articles...And the Candy boys! I'll revive my long forgotten collection...Maybe my future daughter/s might benefit with them someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment