Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Whiny Wednesday.

Today hasn't been so good to me. I had a bad day. I was cranky and moody, and people kept getting on my way.

First, on my way to school, I saw this group of little girls who appeared to be beggars walking on the street. They had no slippers on, and it was a very hot day so I supposed their feet must be hurting, walking on the pavement. A woman was following them, she was on a bicycle. In my assessment, she was the mother. As I have said, their feet must be hurting because of the pavement, so they stopped walking for a moment to rest under a tree's shade. As soon as they stopped, though, the woman hit a girl right smack on her head. The catch? The girl couldn't be older than five. She was crying, and I was fuming mad. So I politely asked the jeepney driver to stop, I'd get off and maybe do what I can to at least comfort the poor girl, but he didn't listen. He said I'd only get myself in trouble. The incident bugged me all morning. I was so guilty. I had the chance to help, but I didn't do anything. I felt horrible.

Still, I went to attend my classes, surfing the internet whenever I had the chance. I expected to feel better, since reconnecting with my friends has always been a good way to brighten up my day. What happened was the opposite. I logged in on Facebook, and received a notification that a friend commented on my status. It was K, I will not mention his name, I respect him, he's like a big brother to me and I don't want to change that. So yes, he posted a comment on my status, which was about the 11 digit cellphone numbers here. He kept insisting that it is only 10, and I kept arguing that it is actually 11.

In easy words, we, like...fought (?) over a petty issue, and I didn't (and still don't) have any intentions of submitting to him. I was really pissed because I live here in the Philippines, I have a cellphone, and my cellphone number consists of 11 digits. He kept on saying that the 0 should not be included since it will still work without it. Here is my VALID POINT: even if you could omit the 0, we don't usually do that here, do we? So that still means that we have 11 digit cellphone numbers. He didn't get that. Or maybe he just didn't want to accept that I'm right. You see, almost all the time he goes on correcting me, my grammar, my spelling mistakes--which were obviously just typo. I really don't want to be mad at him, but this issue is driving me insane. I'm tired of that attitude. My classmates often do that to me, so do my teachers. I don't need another king, thank you very much. I just don't get why he acts like that. It's really annoying at times, not to mention offensive. Parang gusto nya sya na lang lagi yung tama without even considering what I was trying to say. Nakakainis yung ganun di ba? Ipinipilit pa nya na 10 digits lang, eh 11 naman talaga. Hello? My cellphone number is 0906-xxx-xxxx. Please try to count that. At putang ina naman, wag mong tanggalin yung 0 kasi ginagamit nga yan dito!!! Ano ka ba???? Nagpapaka-matalino ka tapos hindi mo yan makuha?! Ang simple lang naman di ba?!

So yeah. I went back to school with a sigh. And then this jerk who kissed my best friend approached me and strummed a guitar and sang to me. Made my day better? No. It made my day worse, and I felt like exploding. Leche. Tuesday used to be my least liked day but this day is making its way on top of the chart.

And then there's Creative Writing. I walked to the studio to find that no one was there yet. I arrived exactly on time. I still can't understand why all the people seemed inconsiderate today. I walked two miles so that I won't be too early because I hate waiting, or too late because it's not a good habit to make others wait, but that's what they did to me. I tried to overlook that, though, and even if my head was pounding and throbbing like hell, i did my best to cooperate. We were given this little journal to write a story with 5 chapters. We were grouped into fives, so we had to write a chapter each. My group mates assigned me to write the ending of our story, which I did pretty well, not to boast, but I write endings well. And then this girl felt the urge to come to me and asked me to change every single fucking word I've written. I was like, "what the hell, this is my part, you're done with yours". But she said she had a better idea on how to end the story. I used all my will power to deny myself the pleasure of yelling at her face. Just when I thought my day was on its worst, she proved me wrong. Politely, I asked her to just mind her own business and let me have my way, which she did, not without a frown.

I went home after that. Limply, I fell asleep on the hour long jeepney ride. I was feeling a little better when I got off on our street, thinking I can finally be at peace.

Guess what I realized?

I forgot to pay my jeepney fare, and nobody asked me for it.

FUCK.MY.LIFE.

No comments:

Post a Comment