Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Hit The Brakes,Then Fall

If you have nothing good to say, don't speak at all.

We all have our freedom of expression, but we definitely shouldn't abuse the privilege. Because first,words may just be words,but sometimes they can hurt like hell, and second,we have all the right to express our own opinions,but none to bash others'.

I never intended to be different,nor did I ever strive to stand out form the crowd.All I really wanted was to achieve the best version of myself that I could be,that I can be,and it turned out to be this way---and I'm perfectly happy with that.

I never made it my goal to make people like me,adore me,or cherish me.I honestly don't care about things like those,all that matters to me is that I be able to inspire people,not to do good,but to never do bad.Not to always stay kind,but to never be cruel.Not to always be the best,just to have the will to try.That's enough for me.It's not my purpose to turn them into angels.My purpose is to keep them away from being the demons.

However,we all know how the human race can be.You do bad,they'd have something to say.You do good,still,they'd have something to point out. It's like showing them a clean piece of white paper,and still,despite the smooth surface,the first thing they'd notice is the little black dot in the middle.Even if you are the most beautiful creature in the universe,they'd somehow find a flaw,and that will mark your spot on their lives.People tend to do that---point out the imperfections of others just so they could feel better about their selves.

Here's what makes me sad: why can't we just be happy for each other? In the end, does it really matter who's richer, prettier, more successful? Will our Father look at us differently,based on those things?We can't bring money with us on our grave. Beauty fades with time.Even intellect does not linger for so long. I think we should all stop for a while and reflect. Ask yourself how you are living your life now. Will it be worth watching when you're done filming? How many people will smile because of your kind and encouraging words? How many people will kneel down and thank the Lord for bringing you into their lives? How many will cry when you're gone? How many lives will you be able to touch,to alter,to be a part of? That is my purpose.

Insecurities lead to nothing good unless you use them to strive hard to be your better self.That should always be the goal...Work hard to be better,not to impress others,not to surpass them,but to be the best you can be.

I know how it feels to be criticized. I've gone through it a lot,and sometimes I still experience it,and it doesn't feel nice,ever.People will say, "no offense meant", but that's just their subtle way of saying "I'm going to point out what's wrong with you but you should not get mad". It really brings down my self esteem,and I hate making others feel that way,so instead of pointing out what they have done wrong,I focus on what they have done right,and give them the applause they deserve.It's not so hard,after all.I don't understand why people even bother looking for flaws. It's like sitting in a garden full of blooming flowers, and all they do is complain about the weather and the most trivial things.

I wish instead of feeding their jealousy with fire,people would just learn to accept that we are all different,unique,and beautiful in our own ways.Stop trying hard to bring others down,just push yourself up if you can...Tell them how great they are instead,and I promise you, the smile they'd give you once they hear that is priceless,totally worth it.

Come on people! APPRECIATE.

No comments:

Post a Comment