Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Waiting...


You may not be here beside me, but I can feel you. Lonely, yes, I am...but all I have to do is think about you, about how you wanted me to be happy, and I can smile again.

I wish you didn't have to leave. I wish I'm not feeling this pain, this heartbreaking longing that I'm feeling now for you. I want to see you, to let you know how much I still care, and that no matter what happens, you're in my heart...but where are you? A million miles away, unreachable, and I have no idea what you are up to.

Sometimes, I couldn't help but say life is unfair, because it is. It really is. How come other people make it through whatever, and we can, we could...but we didn't. Can you hear my sighs? They are not sighs of relief. They are sighs of grief, of acceptance. I know this is what you really want. I just hope you know that I'm still here.

Right here where you left me.

Where your footprints began to follow a new trail, and mine ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment